SANCTITY OF LIFE SUNDAY- CELEBRATED JANUARY 21-22
To celebrate Sanctity of Life Sunday, St. Mary’s Respect life Committee will have an information table set up in the Gathering Area after all masses January 21-22.
- Respect life brochures and prayer cards
- New Pregnancy Help Center in Johnson City- Catholic Charities
- 9-Days for Life Novena
PENNIES FOR LIFE
St. Mary’s Respect Life committee members will be collecting Pennies for Life after all masses on January 21-22. Parishioners are asked to donate one penny for each year of their lives in thanksgiving to God for the life He has given them. Money collected will support Respect Life ministry.
9 DAYS FOR LIFE: JANUARY 21-29, 2017
Join thousands of Catholics across the country coming together in prayer during the bishops’ pro-life novena, 9 Days for Life, from Saturday, January 21 – Sunday, January 29. Participate through email, text message, Facebook, or a free iOS or Android app!
WHAT YOU CAN DO TO PARTICIPATE:
PRAY with us the 9 Days for Life Novena starting on January 16th through the 24th. The information about the novena will be in the bulletin and announced at the Masses the weekend of January 9 and 10th. CLICK HERE for copy of novena prayers and acts of reparation.
JOIN by APP, EMAIL, TEXT or ONLINE. CLICK HERE to learn more.
2. SHARE the specified 9 Days for Life posts each day
from January 15-25, 2016 on social media.
3. SHARE the 2015-16 Respect Life Program posts
before, during, and after 9 Days for Life on social
Stop by our table after masses January 9th and 10th.
** Please turn in your baby bottles to the church as soon as possible **
Thanks to all who who are collected money in Baby Bottles for Life during October’s Respect Life Month. Any checks should be made out to Catholic Charities. Money will benefit pregnancy help centers in the Diocese.
In the LAST Weekend each month, the Respect Life Committee will have a playpen in the Gathering Area for the collection of baby items e.g. diapers, wipes, clothing for newborn through 2T. The baby items will be offered to families in need during the St. Vincent de Paul food distribution at St. Mary’s once a month.
Please donate if you can. Consider buying a pack of diapers each month to donate.
We invite you to GET INFORMED and GET INVOLVED.
For more information contact:
***IF YOU OR ANYONE YOU KNOW HAS AN UNEXPECTED OR UNPLANNED PREGNANCY AND NEEDS HELP, CALL:
CRISIS PREGNANCY HOTLINE ( 24 HOURS)
Respect Life Committee
- We advocate for the mentally and physically handicapped, the elderly, the unborn, and end-of-life care.
- We oppose abortion, euthanansia, assisted suicide, embryonic stem-cell research, capital punishment, and human cloning.
Our ministries include:
- Rosary for Life after 8:30am Mass Tuesdays
- Respect Life Adoration Hour Saturdays 8-9pm
- Distribution of prayer cards for different events
- Life Chain 1st Sunday of October (Respect Life Month)
- Prayer Rally for Life (kick off 40 Days) fall and spring
- 40 Days for Life – peaceful prayer demonstrations near abortion clinic (fall and spring)
- Share pro-life education through various communication methods
- Provide diocesan Crisis Pregnancy Hotline Number 1-877-990-4673
- Promote Natural Family Planning (NFP)
- Provide speakers & educational programs
- Hold monthly meetings of Respect Life Committee (all are welcome)
- Monthly diaper and baby supply drive and distribution
- Help staff the TN Right-to-Life booth at Appalachain Fair (August)
- Collaborate with other St. MARY’s ministries in outreach